Tuesday, April 5, 2016

#S22E20 The Lightening Episode

As the primary element of an image light is a necessary source that can control the mood, clarity, quality, and detail of any image. Below I used lighting in three different ways to effectively showcase how light can adjust and change the mood or clarity of an image. 

In the first photo I used a main light, fill light, and back light. With the main light I turned it at about a 45 degree angle, I then positioned the fill light at a downward angle towards the right of me, lastly I placed the back light behind myself adjusting it towards my right side a little more therefore you can see the light being shown on the wall on the left corner of the photo. With the three lights positioned this way this lighting is known as Rembrandt lighting or 45 degree lighting.  In this one my face is softened and you can see things more clearly. 
Rembrandt Lighting 
After that I used only two lights which added details to one side of my face and gave the other side a bit of a shadow. With this specific photo I used a main light and a fill light. The main light was positioned to the right of me and added details to the right side of my face (left side in picture). I then used the fill light which had an umbrella and it darkened the left side of my face in the picture (right side in picture). By adjusting the two lights I was able to accomplish the split lighting effect. 
Split Lighting 
Lastly I cut off all of the lights and put a flashlight up under my chin. This created a different mood than the first two pictures that I took. With this picture the outsides of my body are shadowed and you can see the details mainly of my jacket and face. My hair and dark eyes are shadowed out of the picture giving the image more suspense. By using the flashlight I was able to illuminate the background with a softer light therefore this would be the background light effect. 
Flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schoolin Life

Mini Story y'all ready? So last week was pretty busy, I tried to balance school and work while supporting events with family and f...