Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Schoolin Life

Mini Story y'all ready?
So last week was pretty busy, I tried to balance school and work while supporting events with family and friends. So in school, all of my BIG assignments are due by midnight on Sunday. On Sunday I had a birthday dinner to attend at 7:30 PM and I worked on my project all day and ended up finishing around 7:40 PM. I barely had anything to eat because I was working so long, still had to get dressed and made it to the dinner around 8pm. When I got to the dinner I had a VERY excruciating headache and felt like I was about to pass out, so I left early and didn't even get a chance to eat. I went back home and ended up diving in the bed hoping that my headache would go away. I ended up waking up around 1am to use the bathroom and when I did my headache was gone! As I was about to get into bed I realized I NEVER SUBMITTED THE ASSIGNMENT! And of course, there's no late work in grad school. I immediately went to my laptop to contact my professor to let him know that I had made a big mistake. I didn't ask for an extension of sympathy but I did ask him if he would provide me feedback. Today I check my grades and the highest grade I've ever made in grad school on an assignment was a 98, well he graded my assignment, didn't deduct any points for it being late, thanked me for my professionalism in my email and guess what grade I made?? A 100!!!! I'm super proud because I thought that I misunderstood the assignment and had done it wrong but nope I was on it! I wrote all this to say ask for what you want, be respectful, and do your best and things will fall into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schoolin Life

Mini Story y'all ready? So last week was pretty busy, I tried to balance school and work while supporting events with family and f...