Tuesday, October 6, 2015

#S22E03 The Wedding Episode

This weekend I was able to practice my videography skills as I filmed a wedding for a couple in Elloree, S.C.

This was my first time ever being behind the camera beyond school work or personal gain therefore I was very nervous about doing so.

 On Friday my boyfriend and I drove down to Elloree to meet the wedding party and scope out the scene during their rehearsal. While at the rehearsal I was able to have an idea in my head for what shots I would take and how I would go about shooting this magical day.

On the day of the wedding I initially had some issues with the white balance. Simply putting the white balance in "auto" mode was not working and me trying to figure out exactly how to get the scene to look appealing to the eye was a bit frustrating. I was there by myself however my boyfriend did come to help me set up and was there whenever I needed any assistance.

Amidst the camera issues, the sun constantly changing, and the attack of the gnats I was able to capture some pretty good footage of the couples special day. After the wedding I went to record the reception which was held at Elloree Elementary School, and enjoyed a free meal and some delicious cake.

While at the reception I was able to network and met a really nice lady named Ms. Sandra who told me she had her own Christian television show in Summerville, S.C. I was beyond thankful when she asked if I would like to help her with her television show and video editing to gain more experience and add a few bucks in my pocket!

Overall the experience was fun and memorable and came naturally all while giving me even more confidence in my talents and creative mindset. I am enjoying my major even more and hope to continue to do great things in the world of broadcasting and journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schoolin Life

Mini Story y'all ready? So last week was pretty busy, I tried to balance school and work while supporting events with family and f...